WELL Health-Safety Certified
What is WELL Health-Safety Certification?
From handwashing support and cleaning practices to health services and air and water quality monitoring protocols, it means that our facilities have been comprehensively reviewed and rated to help support the health and safety of everyone who walks through the door.
How does WELL Certification work?
Focused on operational policies, maintenance protocols and emergency plans, WELL Health-Safety procedures:
- Keeps spaces clean and sanitized
- Helps everyone prepare for an emergency
- Provides essential health benefits and services
- Evaluates air and water quality when needed
- Communicates health and safety efforts
The WELL Health-Safety Rating focuses on five main health-safety themes, including:
- Cleaning and Sanitization Procedures
- Emergency Preparedness Programs
- Health Service Resources
- Stakeholder Engagement & Communication
We will see these initiatives unfold at our properties in a variety of ways. Some examples include:
- Reducing pathogen transmission associated with washing and drying hands through the provision of proper handwashing supplies, implementation of additional sanitization strategies, installation of signage for effective handwashing, use of disposable soap containers and availability of hand-drying towels.
- Conducting a risk assessment to inform the resources, education, training and management plans necessary to respond to diverse emergency situations.
- Supporting health and well-being during and after emergencies through the provision of occupant education, emergency assistance funds and/or designated emergency spaces.
- Cultivating a culture of health by reinforcing programs, amenities and policies available to support health and safety, including regular communications, occupant education and health risk assessments. Support healthy behavior through signage that communicates important health safety actions and information.
Becoming WELL Health-Safety certified is a visible indication of confidence and trust, and the WELL Health-Safety seal communicates to everyone entering a space that evidence-based measures and best practices for safety. We are proud to have accomplished this and look forward to embarking on these initiatives to a healthier future.